Wednesday 7 September 2016

First Day of Training

The first day of training went well! We created our own blogs. I never had one before! We discussed the many useful sites that have has changed our lives and way of doing things such as communicating, making travel plans, buying and selling, making financial transactions, catching up with the news and acquiring information.

We got to see which sites are the most used in our country and some of them shocked us. Our University, SAUT was not anywhere in the top 100! Tanzania is topped by Google, You Tube, Face Book, Yahoo and Millad Ayo-contrary to Kenya that had two media houses in the top five; Standard media and Daily Nation.

What i liked most was being able to create my own blog and writing my first post, and this will be my second! The blog gives me a feeling of a diary (personal journal) which i have been keeping for more than two decades now, just that this is a digital one.

I am not so sure what i disliked so far since all went well for a first day. I have so far learnt how i can use the internet to my advantage and to those of my students. I am looking forward to learning more concerning the internet since i am already getting ideas on how i can use my blog to write creative pieces for my students to learn and interact from.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment