Wednesday 7 September 2016

My First Post

My name is Neema Rugemalira. I am an Assistant Lecturer at St. Augustine University of Tanzania- Mwanza Campus. I have been teaching since 2012. I teach Feature Writing & Editing and Writing for Public Relations to students in bachelor of Mass Communication and Public Relations and Marketing and diploma students in Journalism.
I worked for The Guardian, a local newspaper after my first degree. In the University i am in-charge of the students newspaper THE SAUT TIMES which is published each week by students who collect local news stories from around the campus and the neighboring society. I supervise them in editing the stories and doing layout. I get the paper printed and photocopied for post mortem that i supervise every Thursday.

This week i am at the Mario Mgulunde Learning Resource Center at SAUT in an Internet Training for Journalism lecturers. My expectations are to learn how to effectively use the internet to extract information for my Features Writing course and learn how to use the internet to publish articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment