Friday 21 April 2017

Q & A Profile Feature

Chicken Soup pays my fees

By Maziku Motto

The English language has proverbs to encourage people to do something in their life, but there is a say that goes “time and ride wait for none” this means that, if we are waiting for something without any action that thing will not happen to us.
David Tresfol, a Diploma in Journalism student at Saint Augustine University of Tanzania (SAUT) has decided to start an action by starting a chicken soup business at main campus where he sales:- eggs, fruits and poultry meat because he doesn’t want to wait for time.  

Who gave you the business idea?
The idea came automatically. I had to think of a way of surviving since I am from a less privileged family that can hardly afford my fees and accommodation and I am not a loan beneficiary so I had no choice but to try the idea.

How much capital did you start with?
Well, I started with 500,000Tsh and from this capital only 100,000Tsh was spent to buy chicken and other needs while 400,000Tsh was spent on utensils and chairs.

Where did you get the capital from while you came from a poor family that can`t afford your education as you said before?
My dad gave me 250,000Tsh only as my school fee, so I decide to borrow some money from different people. The first person gave me 200,000Tsh; another gave me 350,000Tsh, of which only 500,000Tsh was spent as capital and the rest was directed to fees though a lot of money is still needed.

How do you manage your studies and the business all together?
I thank God; currently I have two workers who help me especially during class hours. They cook and supply food to those students who are living and taking their studies at main campus.

Your advice to those waiting for government employment?
I would like to advise those who are loans beneficiaries to use their money properly by investing because when we finish our studies they will have nowhere to earn any, so by investing now it will help them to acquire their needs today and after graduating.



No comments:

Post a Comment