Friday 21 April 2017

Q & A Profile Feature

LEADERSHIP STARTS A LONG WAY

By Isaac Mwakitwile

Being a leader is not an issue of being chosen but it sometimes considers the background and life history of a person. Most of the great leaders in the world started their journey from a young age as Ahimidiwe who also dreams of leading the world.

Who is Ahimidiwe Malaki?
Currently I am a student and Minister of Home Affair and Defense in the Student government at St. Augustine University of Tanzania. I am a third year student taking Bachelor of Arts in Education with Economics. I was born on 12 October 1993 in a family of four children of two boys and two girls and am a second born. I come from Meru, Arusha and am Meru byTribe.

What is your educational background with relation of leadership?
I have been a leader since 2000 at Mlala primary school where I attended for my primary education from standard one to seven. But on 2005 when I was in standard five I was an Academic prefect. I went to Songoro secondary school for ordinary education level and I have been academic prefect again from 2008 to 2011. After completing my ordinary education, I went to Lyamongo high school at Moshi , there I was a leader also, as a store keeper from 2012 to 2014. I also went to military training at Burombora 821 JKT for three months and there I was a leader. After all I came here at St. Augustine University of Tanzania Mwanza Malimbe campus for pursuing my Bachelor of Arts in Education with Economics since 2015 as first year and now 2017 third year. I have been appointed by the Student Organization President to be a deputy minister of Defense but after three months I performed well and he decided to appoint me as a Minister of Home Affair and Defense in Student government at St. Augustine University of Tanzania Student Organization (SAUTSO) till now. Unfortunately I have been awarded as a Best leader in of the year 2016/2017 in SAUTSO.


Where do you get support from, in your leadership career?
My father and uncle are my greatest support. I think they support me because my father was a leader at the local government level, so he used to advice me to be a good leader.

Who is your role model in Tanzania?
I am trying to pass through ways of the first Prime Minister and President of Tanzania Mwl. J.K Nyerere, and I usually use his speech to learn how a good leader should be. I hate corruption like Nyerere, so I think he is the only leader I admire.

What are your aspirations?
I wish to be a good leader in my country not a politician, so i wish to advice my country to have advancements in economic sectors. I started to do some of things that will grade me at the future as a good leader because I believe my future will be built with my past history and the past will be the issues I do now. I believe one day I will reach my destiny.













Photo: Ahimidiwe Malaki Minister of Home Affair and Defense SAUTSO.

No comments:

Post a Comment