Friday 21 April 2017

Q & A Profile Feature

THE BOOK EXPERT- SR. MAGDALENA   MBIGI

By MWALUGALA   MARTHA  

Sr. Magdalena studied at RUAHA in Iringa. She   started  to  work   as  a Librarian  in 2013  at  Saint  Augustine  University  of  Tanzania and she has so far seen a lot.

What was your first job?
My first job was right here as a Librarian at SAUT, I have so far been here for more than 3 years.

What influenced you to become a librarian?
I was influenced to become a librarian  because the surroundings  remind me  to study  because I am  surrounded  with books  from every  corner and  I love guiding students as they search for books in the library.

What challenges do you face in your job?
The greatest  challenge I face is  the lack of enough books which  cause  the  students  to be  discouraged  when  they  come  to study. The lack of funds results into us failing to purchase more books for the students.

Also due to selfishness students change the location of the books and some hide them from their colleagues.

How do you handle these challenges?
Every day I make sure the books are rearranged and returned to their rightful place in the shelves.

What is your plan for the future?
I plan to make improvements about the materials in the Library so that they are available for the students. We are planning to have a printing and photocopying place in order to facilitate the availability of books from the library.








No comments:

Post a Comment